Sponsored by Norse
Entries for this award are invited from businesses across the county which are able to demonstrate excellence in respect of a project or initiative under taken in the last two years.
This excellence could be centred, for example, on a drive into a new market, a particular marketing campaign, a specific product/service development project or a staff skills-development strategy.
But importantly, this award is about showcasing the overall excellence of the businesses shortlisted, demonstrating their drive and ambition for success, so entrants are expected to provide details of:
- Background on the business and a brief history
- A sound business plan and sales and marketing strategy
- An established market position and strong business results
- Excellent growth or expansion and potential for sustained growth
- Innovation in products, services or processes
- Customer and staff engagement
- Effective leadership and management
- An ethical approach to business, that might include environmental awareness and commitment to the community
- How their business has improved based on the above category requirements
- And lastly, why their company should win
The award will go to the company that best demonstrates all-round excellence in business. The judging will be focused on financial performance and future objectives, the competitive advantage of the business, a commitment to customer service and examples of specific strategies which have driven business growth.